2-6-1002. Definitions. Continued
(10) "Public agency" means the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of Montana state government, a political subdivision of the state, a local government, and any agency, department, board, commission, office, bureau, division, or other public authority of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the state of Montana.
(11) "Public information" means information prepared, owned, used, or retained by any public agency relating to the transaction of official business, regardless of form, except for confidential information that must be protected against public disclosure under applicable law.
(12) "Public officer" means any person who has been elected or appointed as an officer of state or local government.
(13) "Public record" means public information that is:
(a) fixed in any medium and is retrievable in usable form for future reference; and
(b) designated for retention by the state records committee, judicial branch, legislative branch, or local government records committee.
(14) "Records manager" means an individual designated by a public agency to be responsible for coordinating the efficient and effective management of the agency's public records and information.
(15) "State records committee" means the state records committee provided for in 2-6-1107.