Elections and Government Services Administrative Rules of Montana Business Services Notary and Certification Records and Information Management

Montana code requires notaries to notify the Secretary of State’s office in writing if any of their contact information changes during the term of their commission.

If you have recently changed your name: You MUST obtain a “Name Change Rider” or other type of stipulation or endorsement from your bonding agent and submit it along with the Contact Information Update Form.

Changes in your home or mailing address or employment information: You are not required to obtain a rider, but you must submit a completed and signed Contact Information Update Form.

If you have any questions, please contact us at sosnotary@mt.gov or (406) 444-5379.