Register here to join us April 4 & 5 for the 2014 Montana Notary Conference!
Please check back for updates as the conference approaches.
- What will I learn at the conference?
- Conference Agenda
- Save My Seat
- Session Summaries
- How do I register for the conference?
- When is the conference?
- Where is the conference?
- Continuing education credits
- Meet the presenters
- Who do I contact with questions?
- Accessibility Accommodations
- Top Ten Reasons to Attend
What will I learn at the 2014 Montana Notary Conference?
Registration includes six sessions with nationally recognized notary experts. With over twenty options, participants have the flexibility to choose the seminars that will benefit them the most.
Sessions will address topics such as:
- Basic and advanced notary skills
- Notary law and ethics for legal, financial and medical professionals
- New regulations that directly impact notaries in the real estate and financial industries
- Special requirements for notaries working in hospitals and other institutions
- Prevention of financial exploitation of the elderly
- CFPB requirements for independent signing agents and notaries in financial institutions
- Notarizations of documents being sent to foreign countries
- Notarizations of Montana motor vehicle titles
- Income opportunities for notaries
How do I register for the conference?
Registration is $100 and includes six sessions with notary experts. Conference attendees will be provided with dinner Friday, breakfast and lunch on Saturday, and the traditional Ice Cream Social break on Saturday afternoon.
Once you've registered, download this form so you can reserve a seat in the sessions you want to be sure to attend.
Registration starts at 11 a.m. on Friday and the first session begins at 1 p.m. The Conference will end at 4 p.m. on Saturday.
Where is the conference?
Red Lion Colonial Inn
2301 Colonial Drive
Helena, MT 59601
The Red Lion Colonial Inn is SOLD OUT for the conference. Special room rates available at the Days Inn through March 21. To make a reservation, contact the hotel at (406) 442-3280. Mention the conference when booking.
2001 Prospect Ave
Helena, Mt 59601
Continuing Education Credits
Continuing education credits have been approved by the State Bar of Montana for lawyers and paralegals, the Office of Public Instruction for educators, and the Montana Board of Public Accountants for CPAs.
Secretary of State, North Carolina
Secretary of State, Montana
National Notary Association
Notary Law Institute
American Society of Notaries
Michael L. Closen, Esq.
U.S. Department of State
Farmers State Bank
Notary Power, LLC
Lewis Notary Services
McKee Medical Center
Who do I contact with questions?
Contact Lori Hamm at (406) 444-5379 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Montana Secretary of State's Office will, upon request, provide reasonable accommodations, auxiliary aids and services, or alternative accessible formats of materials to people with disabilities who wish to attend the 2014 Montana Notary Conference. Contact Kristin Jacobson, SOS EEO/ADA Officer at email@example.com or (406) 444-5598, no later than March 21st if you or a companion require a reasonable accommodation, auxiliary aid or service, or alternative format to participate in the conference April 4th-5th.